Skills4 offers services in 4 key areas
Technical Assistance for CBOs, Health Departments
- You’ll learn how to grow a volunteer pilot program into a well-funded department in your agency.
- You’ll see how simple evaluation tools can convince government agencies to commit more funding to helping people in your community.
- You’ll learn how to supplement required staff trainings in interventions and model practices. Skills4 will guide your agency through best hiring, training and supervision practices.
- You’ll see how setting manageable goals gives staff a renewed sense of purpose, and improves program accountability.
- And you’ll learn how to develop a strategic plan for the future growth and relevance of your mission.
Grant Writing and Fund Development
- Abstract / Introduction
- Justification of Need for Proposed Project
- Research supporting the proposed method and activities your project will undertake
- Agency history / Organizational Summary
- Experience providing similar services / or your clinic or agency’s capacity to expand to the proposed services
- Program Plan, work plan, and / or and time line for implementation
- Program Evaluation Plan and Quality Assurance
- Collecting letters of support from community members and organizations (we can even provide a model for them to follow when filling out these letters)
- Reviewing and revising your draft budget with staffing levels, salary and benefit, and incentives or client support lines appropriate to your particular agency or project.
- Uploading the final application package including the core narrative and the standard agency documents you should have on hand.
Prevention / Behavioral Workshops
- Our trainings can give your staff the tools they need to bring the most current information to clients and community members, all in culturally competent formats. We’ll use role play activities to ensure that you are delivering messages in a way that intuitively impacts your target population.
- Other workshops bring key health messages to your target population in accessible language, with memorable examples and motivational exercises. Whether you’re trying to move community norms away from risky sexual practices, substance use, sedentary lifestyles, or smoking, Skills4 staff will deliver messages that your community hears, understands, and believes in.
Treatment Education and Patient Support
- Discuss treatment issues with patients in ways that improve treatment adherence and durability
- Reframe client encounters in ways that elicit disclosure of adherence challenges
- Identify perceived barriers to treatment adherence
- Develop skills for imparting key “takeaway” messages that clients and patients will recall and act upon.